Saturday 7 May 2016

Difference between mass and weight.


Mass is the measure of the amount of matter in a body. Mass is denoted using m or M.

Weight is the measure of the amount of force acting on a mass due to the acceleration due to gravity. Weight usually is denoted by W. Weight is mass multiplied by the acceleration of gravity.

Comparison of Mass and Weight

1)- Mass is a property of matter. The mass of an object is the same everywhere,
   - Weight depends on the effect of gravity. Weight varies according to location.

2)- Mass can never be zero.
    -Weight can be zero if no gravity acts upon an object, as at the center of earth(g = 0).

3)- Mass does not change according to location.
   - Weight increases or decreases with higher or lower gravity.

4)- Mass is a scalar quantity. It has magnitude.
   - Weight is a vector quantity. It has magnitude and is directed toward the center of the Earth or other gravity well.

5)- Mass may be measured using an ordinary balance.
   - Weight is measured using a spring balance.

6)- Mass usually is measured in grams and kilograms.
    - Weight often is measured in newtons, a unit of force.

11 comments:

  1. I absolutely love your site.. Excellent colors & theme. Did you make this web site yourself?
    Please reply back as I?m hoping to create my very own site and want to know where you got this from or
    exactly what the theme is named. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there to every body, it's my first go to see of this
    webpage; this web site consists of awesome and genuinely excellent material designed for
    readers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your blog.. very nice colors & theme. Did you make
    this website yourself or did you hire someone to do it
    for you? Plz reply as I'm looking to create my own blog and would like to find out where u got this from.
    thanks a lot

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't even know how I finished up right here, however I believed this put up was
    good. I don't recognise who you are however definitely you're going to a famous blogger should you are not
    already ;) Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had been honored to get a call from a friend as he identified the important ideas shared on the site.
    Going through your blog post is a real brilliant experience.
    Thanks again for thinking of readers at all like me, and I wish
    you the best of success as being a professional in this discipline.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi there, all is going fine here and ofcourse every one is sharing
    data, that's genuinely good, keep up writing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Would love to perpetually get updated outstanding blog!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for sharing your thoughts. I truly appreciate your efforts and I will
    be waiting for your further write ups thanks once again.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I was just searching for this info for a while.

    After six hours of continuous Googleing, at last I got it in your site.
    I wonder what's the lack of Google strategy that do not rank this kind of
    informative web sites in top of the list. Usually the top sites are full
    of garbage.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I would like to use the opportunity of thanking you for the professional direction I
    have often enjoyed viewing your site. We are looking forward to the actual
    commencement of my school research and the whole prep
    would never have been complete without coming over to your site.
    If I might be of any assistance to others, I would be
    thankful to help via what I have gained from here.

    ReplyDelete
  11. We are a gaggle of volunteers and starting a brand new scheme in our community.
    Your site provide us with valuable information to paintings on. You have performed a
    formidable jjob andd our entire group might be thankful to you.

    ReplyDelete